CALL FOR ARTISTS
All University Park residents, Country Club annual members and employees are invited to participate in this juried art show. Accepted media include painting (oil, acrylic and watercolor), photography, sculpture, encaustic and mixed media. No crafts will be accepted. All works must be original, must have been created within the last three years and may not have been exhibited at Art In The Park previously. An entry fee of $10.00 per piece will be collected. Prizes will be awarded by a three-judge panel.
ART IN THE PARK 2023
OBJECTIVE: Provide an annual fine art show of work by University Park residents and Country Club members and employees. The show offers participants an opportunity to exhibit their work and develop a dialogue about art with others. The show encourages the creation of "art in the park" and invites the public to enjoy it as well.
SHOW DATES: March 10 - March 12
HOURS: Friday, 5:30 - 7:00pm; Saturday - Sunday, 10:00am - 5:00pm
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK: Friday, March 10, 7:45 - 9:00am in the Lakeside Room
TAKE DOWN/PICK-UP: Sunday, March 12, 5:30 - 6:00pm at the time for which you signed up
January 15 -- Deadline to apply or renew membership online (Active membership indicates intent to show in 2023)
January 16 to February 10 -- Artwork registration open online
February 21 or February 22 -- 3:00 - 4:00pm in Club Cafe (outside dining) -- SIGN UP FOR ARTISTS' VOLUNTEER DUTIES, pick up artwork labels, drop off artist biographies and sign up for art pick-up time at end of show
March 10 -- 7:45 - 9:00am -- Deliver art to Lakeside Room; each piece must have artwork label attached and visible on front of the piece (see below for more details)
March 10 to March 12 -- Show open (see times above)
Sunday, March 6 -- 5:30 - 6:00pm -- Artists pick up art at time for which artist signed up
SHOW RULES and TERMS
(Revised 12/23; supersedes all previous versions)
- Artists must be a resident of University Park or an annual member or an employee of the University Park Country Club.
- An artist may submit up to 4 pieces.
- Work must not have been exhibited in previous Art In The Park exhibitions and must have been created within the last three years.
- Artists must have enrolled /renewed online as a member of Art in the Park.
- Information for all entries must be completed during online art registration (see above).
- Once registration has been completed, NO CHANGES MAY BE MADE so make sure you have provided the correct information.
- Print and attach an artwork label (to be e-mailed to artists by February 19) to each work with tape to show on the front for ease of hanging.
- Membership fee – $10 per artist by credit card online
- Registration/Entry fee – $10 per piece by credit card online
ACCEPTED MEDIA – This is a fine arts show.
- Painting - original work, professionally framed or gallery wrapped canvas. No framed giclée reproductions (except in bins).
- Photography - on any medium, suitably prepared for hanging as in FRAMING AND HANGING below.
- Sculpture - should not exceed 75 lbs. - artists to provide their own pedestal.
- Mixed media, encaustic, fine art in fabric
- Each piece of a diptych or triptych will be handled as a separate entry but will be hung together whenever possible.
- **No crafts or functional objects are accepted. Exhibition committee has the right to refuse to exhibit work that does not adhere to the exhibition policies. **
- Each entry must be original artwork by the artist, signed, dry and ready to exhibit.
- Work submitted for the jurors must not have been exhibited in previous "Art In The Park" exhibitions and must have been created by the artist within the last three years.
- All entries will be judged by a three-judge panel.
- All decisions are final.
- One award per artist is allowed.
- Best of Show
- Honorable Mention (no cash prizes)
- People's Choice. Each visitor receives one ballot to vote for their favorite artwork; announcement made the week after the show. (no cash prizes)
HANGING AND FRAMING PARAMETERS
- Hanging work should be framed or gallery wrapped in a professional manner.
- Plexiglass is preferred to glass. Work framed with glass is entered at your own risk.
- Screw eyes and wire (no saw-toothed hangers) must be securely attached on the back of the frame. Please tape the ends of wires to protect volunteers hanging your work.
- No chipped or damaged frames will be accepted.
- The Show coordinators can reject a piece if it does not adhere to the exhibition framing parameters.
- Bio-Book – Bring a typed biography of your art background on 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper for Artists' Bio Book (2 page maximum allowed) to the Café on February 21 or 22, 3:00 -4:00pm.
- Volunteer sign-up – Each artist will be required to take a 3-hour shift during the show or volunteer in some way. **Duties - sign in guests, answer questions, assist with sales of art, and log information as needed (we will train you.) Select your time on February 21 or 22, 3:00 -4:00pm.
E-cards – Each artist will be provided e-vites to invite guests to the cocktail reception and/or dinner on opening night. Be sure to get these into the hands of interested parties.
E-Flyers - Each artist will be provided general flyers about the show (without reference to the reception/dinner) to encourage friends to attend the show on Saturday and Sunday.
Artwork Label – Artwork Labels will be emailed to artists to print and attach a label to each work with tape to show on the front while hanging.
- Sales will be by credit card, check (made out to the artist) or cash only.
- Artists will receive 100% of the amount paid for items, except:
- Credit cards will be accepted for charges of $20 or more, including multiple items, such as cards, purchased at one time.
- Each credit card transaction will be charged a transaction fee as charged by the bank.
- Artists will receive AIP checks for their transactions' net of said transaction fees.
- Artists will be paid for their sold works within five days of the show’s closing.
- No artwork can be held without payment.
- Once payment is complete, red dots will be placed on sold pieces.
- Sold pieces cannot be removed until the show is over.
- Note: Pricing must be to the nearest dollar, e.g. $6.00 rather than $5.50.
- We do not handle sales taxes – it is the artist’s responsibility to handle sales taxes.
- Bring your own free-standing or table-top artist bin to display your unframed pieces. Your bin display must be professional quality; baskets, cardboard boxes and plastic bins are not acceptable unless the appearance is professional.
- Bin items are displayed at the artist's risk and show management is not responsible for their security.
- Acceptable work includes prints, greeting cards, giclées and small pieces ~ either matted, in plastic sleeves or otherwise presented professionally.
- As appropriate, pieces must be shrink-wrapped or in clear glassine display bags.
- EVERY item must be individually labeled with the price and artist's name so volunteers at check-out know who receives the money.
- No breakable items will be accepted.
- In 2023, artists are limited to two bins ( either two floor racks, two table-top bins or one of each).
- Artist racks and bins are subject to the discretion of show management.
- University Park Country Club and the Exhibition Committee will not be responsible for loss or damage to any work submitted.
- The members of the receiving and hanging committees will exercise the utmost care in handling all submitted work.
QUESTIONS - Call or email Deborah Van Brunt or Lori Salzman (contact info under "Meet the Artists") or go to our Contact page.