CALL FOR ARTISTS
All University Park residents, Country Club annual members and employees are invited to participate in this juried art show. Media accepted include painting (oil, acrylic and watercolor), photography, sculpture and mixed media. No craft media will be accepted. All works must original and must have been created within the last three years and may not have been exhibited at Art In The Park previously. An entry fee of $10.00 per piece will be collected. Prizes will be awarded by a three-judge panel.
ART IN THE PARK 2020
OBJECTIVE: Provide an annual juried art show for University Park residents, and Country Club members and employees. The show offers participants an opportunity to develop a dialogue and encourages the making of "art in the park."
SHOW DATES: April 8th - 11th.
HOURS: Thursday -- Saturday, 10 A.M. to 7 P.M, Sunday, 10 A.M to 5 P.M.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK: Wednesday, April 7th, 7:45 A.M. to 9:00 A.M.
TAKE DOWN/PICK-UP: Sunday, April 11th , 5:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. at designated time.
Monday, January 11 -- New membership and renewals are now available
Monday, February 15 - - Deadline to apply or renew membership to indicate intent to show
Monday, February 16 to March 8 - - Register your work for the show
Monday, March 15th or Tuesday, March 16th -- 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM -- ARTISTS' DUTIES: at Café (outside) at The Park Grille -- pick up artwork labels, drop off your biography, and sign up for volunteer duties and art pick-up time.
Wednesday, April 7th -- 7:45 AM to 9:30 AM -- Deliver artwork to the Lakeside Room at the Club
Wednesday, April 7 - - 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM -- Hang art
Wednesday, April 7 - - 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM -- Judging
Thursday April 8th to Sunday, April 11th -- Show open (See times above)
Sunday, April 11th -- 5:30PM to 6:30 PM -- Artists pick up artwork at designated times
(Revised 1/7/21 and supersedes all previous versions)
- Artists must be an annual member, resident or employee of University Park Country Club.
- An artist may submit up to 6 pieces.
- Work must not have been exhibited in previous "Art In The Park" exhibitions and must have been created within the last three years.
- Information for all entries must be filled out at the time of online registration
- Once registration has been completed, no changes may be made.
- Make sure you have provided the correct information.
- Attach an artist label (to be picked up at The Park Grille Café on March 15th or March 16th) to each work with tape to show on the front while hanging.
- Membership fee– $10 per entrant plus...
- Entry fee – $10.00 per piece. Payment must be made by credit card online at the time of registration.
ACCEPTED MEDIA – This is a fine arts show.
- Painting - original work, professionally framed or gallery wrapped canvas. No framed giclée reproductions (except in bins).
- Photography - on any medium, suitably prepared for hanging as in FRAMING AND HANGING below.
- Sculpture - should not exceed 75 lbs. - artists to provide their own pedestal.
- Mixed Media.
- Each piece of a diptych or triptych will be handled as a separate entry but will be hung together.
- **No Crafts or functional objects are accepted. Exhibition committee has the right to refuse to exhibit work that does not adhere to the exhibition policies. **
- Each entry must be original artwork by the artist, signed, dry and ready to exhibit.
- Work submitted for the jurors must not have been exhibited in previous "Art In The Park" exhibitions and must have been created by the artist within the last three years.
- All entries will be judged by a three-judge panel.
- All decisions are final.
- One award per artist is allowed.
- Best of Show
- Honorable Mention (no cash prizes)
HANGING AND FRAMING PARAMETERS
- Hanging work should be framed or gallery wrapped in a professional manner.
- Plexiglas is preferred to glass. Work framed with glass is entered at your own risk.
- Screw eyes and wire (no saw-toothed hangers) must be securely attached on the back of the frame.
- No chipped or damaged frames will be accepted.
- The Show coordinators can reject a piece if it does not adhere to the exhibition framing parameters.
- Bio-Book – Bring a typed biography of your art background on 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper for Artists' Bio Book (2 page maximum allowed) to The Park Café on March 15th or 16th between 3-4 PM.
- Volunteer sign-up – Each artist will be required to take a 3-hour shift during the show's hours or volunteer in some way. **Duties - sign in guests, answer questions, assist with sales of art, and fill out sales receipts (we will train you.) You may select a time at The Park Café on March 15th or 16th between 3-4 PM.
- Artist Label – Attach a label to each work with tape to show on the front while hanging.
- Sales will be by credit card, check made out to the artist, or cash only.
- Artists will receive 100% of the amount paid for items, except as below:
- Credit cards will be accepted for charges of $20 or more, including multiple items, such as cards, purchased at one time.
- Each transaction will be charged a transaction fee as charged by the bank.
- The artists will receive a check for their transactions' net of said transaction fees.
- Artists will be paid for their sold works within three days of the show’s closing.
- No artwork can be held without being paid for.
- Red dots will be placed on sold pieces.
- Sold pieces cannot be removed until the show is over.
- Note: Pricing must be to the nearest half dollar, e.g. $5.50.
- We do not handle sales taxes – it is the artist’s responsibility to handle sales taxes.
- Bring your own free-standing or table-top artist bin to display your unframed pieces.
- Bin items must be accompanied by an inventory of works which includes prices. Bin items are displayed at the artist's risk and show management is not responsible for their security.
- Acceptable work includes prints, greeting cards, giclées and small pieces ~ either matted, in plastic sleeves or otherwise presented professionally.
- Pieces must be shrink-wrapped or in clear glassine display bags and must be clearly labeled with name, price and medium.
- No breakable items will be accepted.
- Only in 2021, two bins per artist ( either two floor racks, two table-top bins or one of each).
- Artist racks and bins are subject to the discretion of show management.
- University Park Country Club and the Exhibition Committee will not be responsible for loss or damage to any work submitted.
- The members of the receiving committee will exercise the utmost care in handling all submitted work.
QUESTIONS - Call or email Deborah Van Brunt or Lori Salzman (contact info under "Meet the Artists") or go to our Contact page.